Saturday 24 August 2013

Hadrian's Wall: The Pictures!

So, here are the pictures! Thank you to Liath, my fabulous companion and photographer. Thank you so much to everyone who sponsored me, prayed for me and sent me encouraging messages as I went. So pleased we finished it, and I couldn't have done it without all the support! God blessed us with pretty much perfect weather and the scenery in most places was just gorgeous. The highlight for both Liath and I was the middle day on the crags, whilst the most physically demanding, it was the most exciting and beautiful. And most excitingly, I have almost reached my fundraising target! Thank you so much!


At the start!


The road was fortunately not under water today

Blackberry and apply crumble - yummy!

Sandysike Bunkhouse - how tidy are we?!

Our first milecastle remains

More Roman stuff

Holmhead Bunk barn. It was surprisingly comfy!

Holmhead bunk barn living room

Noodles carefully wrapped to survive the journey!

The first of many crags

Whin Sill - sensible place to build a wall...

The turret on the corner

Highest point on Hadrian's Wall

Some American wanted to take a photo for us...!

The malt loaf got a little squashed...

Housesteads Fort

Over half way!

Hexham half price brownies

World's most useless stile?

Tiredness begins to set in, still had to go out for dinner at this point!

Somewhere near Harlow Hill I think...?

CHEESE SCONE OF AMAZINGNESS. And it only cost 95p. And was HUGE!

Toad or frog?


Our friend the acorn

On the Millennium Bridge in Newcastle

The last bit of Roman Wall at Wallsend


Completed trail passport and badge

My postcard souvenir!

My Roman name in Roman script (we decided to stick with the masculine 'us' endings as a) they sound better than a feminine 'a' ending and b) Roman women would not have been trudging along Hadrian's Wall so if we were to be true Romans, we would have to masquerade as men...
At the end!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment