Friday 23 August 2013

Hadrian's Wall: Day 8, Newcastle to Wallsend

I DID IT! We finished just after 11am today, having left our Travelodge at 8.30. We would have arrived sooner however we got distracted by blackberries (not for the first time this week...) and spent a good 40 minutes harvesting! For any of my friends up in Northumberland, get down to the tyne path on the way out to Wallsend and get picking, there's hundreds, and they're huge! We eventually arrived at the end of the wall, despite the appalling lack of signposts, and walked into the car park of Segedunum to a chorus of the Indiana Jones theme tune. Disappointingly, there was no sign to say 'THE END' so we had our photo by the fence of the museum instead.

Our lovely taxi driver (Dr Daddy Preston) met us at Segedunum Roman Fort and took us to Tynemouth where we had a nice plodge in the sea and panini and chips for lunch, before parting - Liath went off to Tiree again in search of sea, sun and waves, and I home, in search of a bed.

Now that I am home and on a computer, I can correct my various typos in the blog posts from previous days (singing and morales rather than signing and morals...) and upload some pictures for you (see my next post, coming tomorrow!)

No comments :

Post a Comment