Tuesday 4 March 2014

1 week till Colombia!

1 week to go till I’ll be in Colombia! It’s come round so fast, I can’t believe we leave on Monday!

I’ve just come back from our Latin Link Step Team orientation, and it has been an amazing few days. We started off on Wednesday and Thursday with team leaders’ training where we looked at some of the biblical principles behind good leadership. We also focussed on the more practical aspects of leading a team like planning our week, leading team devotions and resolving disagreements that may arise in the team. This was really useful and I now feel much more prepared for the task of leading a team. It also gave me chance to really get to know my co-leader, Josh, and to share ideas with the leaders of the step teams going to Nicaragua and Peru.

The rest of the teams arrived on Thursday evening. The weekend involved getting to know each other, sharing meals, lots of practical sessions to help prepare us for our time in Latin America, as well as an exciting photo challenge around London.

My team is amazing and I’m so excited for what God is going to do during our time in Colombia!
 
Team Colombia - Rachel, Bunny, Josh, Naomi, Mary (Top to bottom)

Once again, I’ll try to include prayer points on my blog updates. Your support in prayer is invaluable to my team and me!

Prayer requests:
  • Final preparations this week go well, everything fits in our luggage and we don’t forget anything.
  • That God would calm any nerves and fill us with excitement for our time away.
  • For Josh and I, as we continue preparations for leading the team, that God would equip us and give us a sense of peace over the responsibility, and that we would trust in Him for everything.

No comments :

Post a Comment