Tuesday 3 December 2013

Zanzibari fun!

I'm over halfway through my time in Zanzibar already. Can't believe this time next week I'll be at home...! The heat here is incredible, made worse by the humidity. I don't think I've ever sweat so much in my life! It's quite different here to Musoma - less rural, far more mzungos (white people) and a lot more Islamic. When I'm in stone town, its the first time I've ever felt really conspicuous for not covering my head. We are staying in a diocese owned house with a couple of fans but no air con, and no loo seat, but I'm actually glad I'm not staying in a tourist hotel as I think the culture difference between that and Musoma would be too much. Although most of our time here is holiday to relax together and reflect on our time in Musoma, we spent a day last week repairing a nursery school floor. Regarding other activities, so far we have swam with dolphins in the wild (so cool and made even better by the amazing price we got of £20 each as we have friendly connections out here!) and done a bit of snorkelling. Stone Town is really cool, especially at dusk/night when it's buzzing with locals. I'm finding lots of time to spend with God and reflect on my trip - I'll post about this over the next week so watch out!

1 comment :

  1. You're going to have such stories to tell when you return. I expect you'll be much in demand as a speaker! God speed for your journey home.

    ReplyDelete