Sunday 29 September 2013

We filled the gap!

I really should have posted this earlier this week, but what with packing and writing a talk for this morning at both churches, time ran away with me!

Last Saturday was my 'filling the gap' dinner. I started cooking on the Thursday, spent all day Friday in the kitchen, and didn't sit down to eat on Saturday till 10pm, having fed 70 people with what I am told was thoroughly delicious food...! After the food costs were deducted, I raised a whopping total of £640 - over double what I had hoped!

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came, and even bigger thank you to those who helped me: my wonderful Nan who assisted me with all the cooking; Grandad who peeled 10kg of spuds like a trooper and helped serve food; my Mum and Dad who helped with all the planning, preparation and tasting that went on during the year; Tim for his delicious ice cream and waiting services; Emma K (multi-talented harpist, viola-ist, honorary percussionist, university buddy and friend!) for her top notch waitressing and dish-washer-loading; Dan for taking photos of the evening whilst I was otherwise engaged; James for helping set the hall out and everyone who lent me slow cookers or vegetable dishes.

Here are a few photos from the evening!




Plating up the starters


Main courses


Dishing up dessert
The desserts waiting to go out

No comments :

Post a Comment